Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Just a quickie

Not much time for blogging these days at Hedgehog Knits, but here are a couple of photos I've been meaning to post. First, the adorable Molly makes her blog debut:


Molly is a two-year old African Pygmy hedghog who likes to chew on yarn (especially kool-aid dyed fruity wool) and is incredibly hard to photograph because she won't stay still! (She's about to fall out of the basket here.) If I ever get around to customizing my blogger page, I intend to make this photo part of a banner.


And this is part of my lovely Christmas gift from dh. A beautiful soft woven basket from Lantern Moon. It's actually got a cloth lining, which you can close over in the top with a drawstring. I think this would be great for those with cats, or toddlers, as it affords a certain amount of protection from little intruders.

The yarns are purple-blue Hand Maiden Lady Godiva (50% Silk 50% Wool, incredibly soft!) from Nova Scotia, burgundy Knit-Wise laceweight Cashmere, and the light blue is laceweight Misti Alpaca. I will be pondering what to make with these little luxuries for some time to come.

I'll try to get some photos of my spinning for tomorrow. In the meantime, it's off to school.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Marianne said...

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts, what an incredibly sweet and thoughtful husband!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with the lovely yarns, I know what you mean about pondering the choices.

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

so sorry...I have severe ADD and although I don't know how I could have spaced Molly....because...
I am completely charmed and smitten with Molly. Absolutely.

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Ooh, look at Molly! She is adorable in that basket, and yes, you should totally use that as a customized banner. (Once you figure out how to do that I'll be getting the information from you, I am dumb about those things.)

Happy weekend! Try to knit lots.

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

marianne, my husband took some hints this year. He went to my favourite yarn store and asked them what he should buy if he wanted to spoil me. Then he went online and ordered a drop spindle kit.

He done good. I think he's a keeper ;)

Glenna, I think Molly is actually becoming a bit more sociable than when you last saw her. But she's still adamently nocturnal.

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger Marianne said...

Glenna, I am so....envious (in a big grin way) you've gotten to meet Molly!
Kelly..."he done good" what an understatement!
Check over at Kate's blog, link from mine, she's Astrikke, she has a tutorial in her sidebar, scroll down to her stuff...about banners.
I do just love that photo of Molly and agree it should be used (that way I get tickled everytime I pop over for a visit!)
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, it truly means a lot to me.

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh how lovely Molly is! I never heard of having pet hedgehogs before your blog, does she only come out at night? What do you feed her?

What a cutie, but not the most yarn compatible I guess - good job that lovely basket has a closing!

5:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kel! *waves* It's me, M. G has roped me into blogging, aren't I weak?

That pic of Molly is ADORABLE. She looks right at home with all your yarn. Your fair isle socks turned out so wonderfully. The Yarn Harlot's instructions really do change your knitting life, eh?

10:12 p.m.  
Blogger Joanna said...

Wow, a real live hedgehog....how could anyone not fall in love with that, I've been watching from the sidelines for a bit but now I see why you're called hedgehog knits. I'd like to do a banner too, I'll maybe see how you go first!!

9:04 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Snowdrifted - welcome! I've been reading your blog. Nice to see that you've joined the cult, er, group!

Sarah - yes, she mostly comes out at night. She lives in a very large cage, except when we let her out to run. She spends most of the day sleeping in a box, the nights eating (dry cat food) and running on a wheel. It's very much like having a hamster or guinea pig really. Except more spikey, and cuter. Luckily the winter nights are long here, so she often comes out to play in the evenings.

9:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home